1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
2.Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
3.To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
4.Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
Blueberry Coffee Cake
¼ cup butter, softened
4 oz. cream cheese
1 c. plus 2 tbsp. sugar
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups blueberries
1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
2. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and cream cheese until creamy (about 3 minutes). Gradually add 1 c. of sugar and beat well. Add egg and beat well.
3. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture. Stir in vanilla. Gently fold in berries. Batter will be very thick.
4. Pour into prepared pan and smooth top. Combine the remaining 2 tbsp. sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over batter.
5. Bake for 50 – 60 minutes. Cool on a rack.