Tuesday, May 31st: Dad's birthday; I grew E.coli cells
Monday, May 30th: Memorial Day; Autoclave broke
Friday, May 27th: Meeting with Khalid
Isolating the tRNA that included my splicing substrate failed, though I was able to isolate the plain tRNA by itself. I think I may be able to fix the problem, in isolating the tRNA with the splicing loop: translation - I want to repeat the experiment a few more times to see if I can get it to work.
Thursday, May 26th: RNA degradation by alkaline hydrolysis
Tuesday, May 24th: Cells didn't grow today
I put in some more cells. These have a different antibiotic marker - Amp rather than Cm - which I've always had better luck with. Hoping they grow by tomorrow. I also did some house cleaning maintenance type experiments and read two articles. See below.
Biomimetic RNA-Silencing Nanocomplexes: Overcoming Multidrug Resistance in Cancer Cells
I also re-read a Mirkin paper describing how oligonucleotides on a nanoparticle could determine how cells took it in.